Response to Victoria’s INTERACTION PROMPT

Hi Victoria, Thank you for your detailed informative posts about the interaction learning using in your interactive learning resource. I strongly agree with you that forcing students to do things usually won’t give useful feedback. I like the idea about open learning content specific to students and try to monitor the visitors. However, my question would be, if everything’s based on voluntary, how to engage students to participate in the class content and how can you ensure the student learned about information you provide? Overall, your post structure is very clear to read and I really enjoy reading your post.

Response to Rosemary’s Inclusive Learning Design

Hi Rosemary, Feel great to know better about your team’s plan in the development of AI. AI has been a hot topic lately that every hi-tech company is looking to implement in many different fields. It is great to know that your team is considering a different age group’s need to understand AI development. Short animation videos are easy for people to understand and also can attract younger learners. As you provide different versions of the content: Text and Video. This would help users who have limited access to videos to read. Simple language would also help users to easily understand what they learned. I wonder if you have more detail to share with the video you design? Looking forward to discuss with you further.

Two response for Blog prompt 2 that were post in my previous blog  post:

I really enjoy SAKURA Wu’s post about Experiential learning. From my perspective learning by practice can give students a much deeper impression on what they learn and will be helpful for them to memorize the key information we want the learner to learn. In her post, she included a diagram which visually helped me understand how “experiential learning cycle’’ looks like. As we are working in the same team. The topic she researched can easily reflect our learning. Because sleep is a daily activity that everyone will be doing. They easily reflect what they have learned in their daily life.

I also learned something different then what I had researched about open pedagogy in Vince Yue’s post this week. In this post, Vince mentioned that OEP is about openness and unlimited possibilities. Where they give learners more than they can do in their learning experience. I have not thought about that in my research. The way Vince’s team’s blueprint to engage students is to ask student participants in some activities that can encourage students to look and share their learning results. I am curious to see their project at the end about how advertisements influence consumer purchase behavior as this is closely related to our daily life.

Response to Ruilin’s blog 1

After reading through Ruilin’s blog 1, it has discribed 3 different learning theory based on different examples. As an international student from China, I agree that most of our learning has followed “CONSTRUCTIVISM” theory where students will follow what to learn based on what the instructor provided. When I started to study EDCI courses, I found most of the courses use the CONSTRUCTIVISM method where students will learn through their experience and learn by building projects by themsleves. I found each learning method has their own strength, I wonder if you have thoughts around how we can implement difference learning theory in class design?