In this week’s reading, we have been introduced by concept “Inclusive Education”. According to Inclusive Education Canada, it is about design our educational resources that all students can learn and participate together. It is aim to create an open and inclusive learning environment for students that have different learning style/needs to access to quality educations in a “responsive, accepting, respectful and supportive way”. One topic I want to address on this blog post is: “How will your interactive learning resource specifically ensure that the needs of all learners can be met?”

Image from blog post: Inclusion: A Belief in What is Possible for EVERY Student

From my point of view, it is always hard to met everyone’s needs at one time. However, there are always more things as a course designer can do: provide more options for learners and give learner opportunity to choose. Initially when I think about inclusive learning, I only consider those students have the “Special Needs”. For example, students with disabilities. However, when you consider each student as an individual, you will realize, everyone is special and have their needs in learning. One learning method will not necessarily fit to all people. In the interactive learning resource that our team going to build for our final project. We are providing student with a blog link that they can access at anytime any place as they like if they have the internet access. We also will also provide downloadable learning package on our blog for student to access information offline.

During this special COVID-19-time, user can access and communicate with other learns through this website. In each blog post, we will provide texts, video, and images to help us explain the learning content in many ways. In this way, student will have selection of how they access to the learning resource. Some student like to learn from reading, some student like me likes to watch videos to learn. We will also be careful to choose the wording on our blog post to keep it simple and easy to understand. In this way, learner from different learning age group can easily absorb the knowledge they like.

What is Inclusive Education. Retrieved from: https://inclusiveeducation.ca/about/what-is-ie/